8.25.2009

1964

On August 22, after a long-awaited countdown, Isaac attended the 1964 Beatles Tribute concert with his Dad at the amazing Red Rocks amphitheater. It was truly a dream come true for this kid. Isaac is a huge Beatles fan. This particular tribute band has been playing for 25 years, so they know their stuff. When we went outside to snap the photo of the concert boys, Lincoln raced inside, grabbed his little guitar, and joined in the pic too!

At the amphitheater before the concert the boys went on a treasure hunt, and Jed had tucked the booty, a gift from mom, into a hole in the rocks. It was a little Yellow Submarine lunch pail, wrapped up and full of candy. After Isaac opened it he exclaimed, “It’s a Beatles Treasure Box!” Later at home when I asked about the present he whispered to me, “Mom, how’d you get that up in the rocks?”
I have to include a cute conversation we had with Isaac while camping the previous weekend:
Me: “Are you gonna have a band when you grow up?”
Isaac: “Yes!”
Me: “Can Lincoln be in your band?”
I: “Well. . . I think he’ll be one of the people who watch.”
Me: "A groupie?"
Jed: “Can I be in it?”
I: “No, Dad! You’ll be 60!”
Me: “But you’ll be 35 by then. I thought you were going to be president at 35.”
I: “I will do both.”
Jed: “Who will run the country?”
I: “Me, sometimes.”